Hanzo is a world leader in web content preservation. Our client list includes some of the world's biggest and best companies. We are looking for an individual to join our growing engineering team. We are after someone who has proven commercial experience, creative problem solving skills, curiosity and a willingness to learn.
Working closely with our product lead helping to grow our customer-facing platform, you will regularly be using all of the skills below as well as adding to them – we highly value learning and personal growth.
You'll be a good communicator and comfortable dealing with people. We want people who are passionate about technology and creating great user experiences, but who can communicate that passion in a positive and inclusive manner. Collaboration within the team is key.
Whilst it's key that you have most of the essential experience, we don't expect you to have any of the bonus experience. If your experience lies in a different direction (i.e. Ruby not Python) but you feel would be a good fit and are willing to transfer to a new language, then we'd love to hear from you.
All applications should be accompanied by a brief cover letter introducing yourself and telling us why you'd be a good fit for the role.
- Excellent CSS/JS on the frontend
- Solid experience with writing backend code (Python/Django preferred)
- Comfortable writing tests
- Familiarity with version control
- Agile methodologies
- Autonomous, comfortable with remote working (with regular UK based meetups)
- Proficient oral and written communication skills. Collaborates well in a team environment.
- Bonus Experience:
- Experience with React/Redux/Typescript
- Experience integrating with APIs and microservices
- Continuous integration
- API design/implementation
- Great understanding of UX and good UX practice
We want a sustainable pace of development and therefore keep a good work/life balance. We are a remote first company based in the UK and as such we're seeking people with a strong sense of autonomy. We use collaborative tools like Slack to keep an active office environment
In return we will provide you with an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution in a small team. We are a fast growing technology company and as the company grows there will be opportunity for career development as well.