Software Business Analyst
Hanzo is solving the single biggest challenge in above-board compliance and litigation today -- contextual investigation, capture, and preservation of dynamic web content. Through one sophisticated platform, we capture and replicate team messaging data, social media engagement, and interactive web content then preserve it in its native format for analysis and review. You can meet our forward-thinking customer base here: https://www.hanzo.co/customer-success-stories
Role Summary & Responsibilities:
Hanzo is looking for a Business Analyst to join our Product Team. This role is strategically important for Hanzo in delivering the right solutions to our customers. Hanzo is a problem solving company and clearly identifying the details of market problems and our associated solutions is critical to our overall success.
The individual will have strong analytical skills. To be successful in this position, a real drive towards clear definition and attention to detail are required, coupled with a naturally highly collaborative attitude and impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you are ambitious, want to join a high growth business with a strong DNA of innovation and clients including some of the best names in the world, this is the right place for you!
In this role, you will responsible for:
- Work closely with customers, account managers and developers to establish a clear understanding of business requirements, scope and functionality.
- Create user stories, process flow diagrams and other artefacts in order to translate business requirements into a well defined backlog to the development team.
- In conjunction with the technical team, aid in the design of new products and/or redesign of existing products/services.
- Support the technical team clarifying requirements and verifying that the implementation matches the desired functionality.
- Alongside the technical lead, take responsibility for the coordination and completion of projects, including the coordination of project priorities, conducting of project meetings and communication of project status.
- Naturally engage with other departments (Marketing, Sales, Tech, etc.) to assist, explain, present or seek feedback.
- Other duties, as assigned
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with external and internal customers to build requirement specifications
- Experience creating user stories and working with Agile processes such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience creating acceptance criteria
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate technical information to a nontechnical audience
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities. Great attention to detail.
- Experience in a software business
- Experience with Enterprise technology
- Good BS/BA from a reputable University. MS/MBA a plus.
- 1+ years of Project Management. Any qualification such as PMP
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership and work ethic
- Experience working in a remote organisation across continents
- Some experience of software development or testing
- Startup or high growth company experience, ideally SaaS and Cloud
Learn more about Hanzo and the benefits that we offer our employees at: https://www.hanzo.co/about-us/careers
Hanzo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Hanzo will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Location: although this is a remote position, Minneapolis area would be ideal. East coast would also be considered.